Shopping for a lift chair can be confusing, as there are many brands, types and options available. However, we have the widest selection of lift chairs to choose from in Vernon and Salmon Arm BC. With so many choices though, how do you know which lift chair is right for you? In this article, we’ll break down the different types of lift chairs and what factors you should consider when making your decision. By the end of the reading, you’ll be an expert on lift chairs and ready to find the perfect one for your needs.
Types of Lift Chairs
There are three main types of lift chairs: 2-position, 3-position and infinite-position. All three types of chairs will recline and have a built-in lifting mechanism to assist with sitting down and standing up. Here’s a more detailed look at each type of chair:
2-Position Lift Chairs: A 2-position lift chair has two positions: upright and reclined. These chairs are typically less expensive than other types of lift chairs and are a good option if you only need a chair for occasional use.
3-Position Lift Chairs: A 3-position lift chair has three positions: upright, reclined and full recline. These chairs are a good middle ground between 2-position and infinite-position chairs. They’re more expensive than 2-position chairs but less expensive than infinite-position chairs.
Infinite-Position Lift Chairs: An infinite-position lift chair has an unlimited number of positions between upright and full recline. These chairs are the most expensive type of lift chair but they’re also the most versatile. If you need a chair for multiple purposes or for extended periods of time, an infinite-position lift chair is a good option.
Factors to Consider When Shopping for a Lift Chair
Now that you know the different types of lift chairs available, here are some factors to consider when shopping for a lift chair:
1. Your budget: Lift chairs range in price from around $500 to $5,000 or more. It’s important to know how much you’re willing to spend before you start shopping. Keep in mind that higher-priced chairs typically have more features and better quality construction than lower-priced chairs.
2. The size of the chair: Lift chairs come in different sizes to accommodate different body sizes. It’s important to find a chair that’s big enough to be comfortable but not so big that it takes up too much space in your home.
3. The weight capacity of the chair: Most lift chairs have a weight capacity between 250 lbs and 375 lbs. It’s important to make sure that the chair you’re considering can support your weight before making your purchase.
4. The warranty: Most lift chairs come with at least a one-year warranty on parts and labor. Some companies offer extended warranties for an additional cost. It’s important to read the fine print on any warranty before making your purchase so you know what’s covered and what isn’t.
5. The return policy: Most companies that sell lift chairs have a return policy ranging from 30 days to 180 days. It’s important to know the return policy of any company you’re considering buying from so you can be sure you’re happy with your purchase, that’s why local shoppers in Vernon and Salmon Arm trust our support.
Home Healthcare Supplies in Vernon and Salmon Arm BC
We hope this guide has been helpful in demystifying the process of shopping for a new lift chair! If you still have questions or would like assistance in choosing the right model for your needs, our team at Lakeside Medical Supplies in Vernon or Salmon Arm would be happy to help – contact us today!
We offer free home assessments for clients. Owning a lift chair may be your solution. At Lakeside Medical Supplies, our years of experience in the healthcare supply industry allows us to offer exceptional service. We are your local supplier of chair lifts, medical equipment and supplies and our staff have over fifteen years of experience providing the right home healthcare products.
Visit Us on Facebook